Wild Wales running
If you're getting into trail running, or just want to get an adventure booked in the diary, then this running trip across Snowdonia National Park might just be what you're looking for! Our fun team of enthusiastic and knowledgeable guides will lead you across open meadows, scrambling up rocky ridges and striding down past emerald lakes in the Welsh hills. We'll focus on sharing tips on technique like how to improve pacing on the uphill, packing for a day in the hills, how to fuel your body and gaining confidence in the mountains.
- Day One Welcome to Wales! Arrive at your accommodation, put your feet up, or wander through the quaint mountain town of Llanberis. On the first evening you’ll meet up with your fellow runners and guides for the weekend. Our team will brief everyone on the routes, weather conditions and requirements for the following days, and answer any questions.
- Day Two After breakfast and a final kit check we will head off to hit the trails. Through farmland, moors and mountain trails, high up into the hills of Snowdonia. We'll show you how to tackle various types of terrain, uphill and downhill techniques, running with poles and what to eat on the trails. After a hot shower, enjoy a hearty dinner with the team. Expected time on trails: 6 hours. Breakfast and dinner included.
- Day Three We'll pick a different area and new terrain to work on your new found techniques. There will also be time to explain basic navigation and route-planning. Expected time on trails: 6 hours. Breakfast included.
What is included
- 2 days guided trail running through North Wales, with qualified guides and Mountain leaders
- An adventure to the summit of Snowdon (weather permitting)
- Tips on running techniques and nutrition in the mountains
- Two nights shared accommodation
- Meals during your stay where noted
- New friends & amazing memories
What is not included
- Snacks during your running days
- Personal insurance (required)
Travel & Logistics
Llanberis is a small but thriving town on the edge of a lake and in the heart of the Snowdonia range.
Transport is possible by bus, train and car. Manchester is the closest airport.
Arrival: Friday evening in Llanberis. Meet & greet will be in the lounge at 8pm.
Departure: Sunday afternoon from
Kit Lists & Packing
If you’re scratching your head and wondering what kit you’ll need to bring, please download our Wild Wales Kit List below.
Feel free to get in touch if you need any advice or have any questions.