Tour Du Mont Blanc First Half - Chamonix is where the adventure begins
🏃 Experience Level: 2
📅 Trip length: 5 days
📍 Location: Chamonix, France
📅 26 - 30 June 2024
💁🏼♂️ £1295 // $1650 Per person
💰 Book now pay later
Want to get a feel for what it would be like to run the world famous UTMB Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc? This itinerary is approximately 80km split over 3 days of running. This trip is led by a fully qualified International Mountain Leader, offering incredible views of the Mont Blanc massif and covering trails in both France and Italy.
- Day one: Welcome to Chamonix! Arrive at your hotel, put your feet up, or wander through the historic, vibrant mountain town of Chamonix. On the first evening you’ll meet up with your fellow runners and guides for the next few days. Our team will brief everyone on the route, weather conditions and requirements for the following days, and answer any questions.
- Day two: After breakfast and a final kit check we will head off to hit the trails. We start towards Les Houches, going up and over the Col de Voza. The views of Mont Joly en route are fabulous, then it's down to the pretty French ski-resort towns of St Gervais and Les Contamines, where we stop for the night. Expected time on trails: 8 hours. Breakfast and dinner included.
- Day three: We swiftly head onwards and upwards, to the Col de Bonhomme, where the Tour du Mont Blanc meets the Tour du Beaufortain. Stopping at the Bonhomme refuge for lunch, we descend down into la Ville des Glaciers and on to our refuge for the night. Here we will eat a hearty meal and enjoy the peace and stargazing at this remote spot. Expected time on trails: 8 hours. Breakfast and dinner included.
- Day four: We begin by heading up and over the Col de la Seigne, which marks the border between France & Italy. The views of the Italian side of Mont Blanc are exceptional, as we run down into the Val Veney and onto the Italian resort of Courmayeur. Enjoy the quaint town and make the most of the amazing pizza, pasta and gelato before settling in for a night in Italy. Expected time on trails: 8 hours. Breakfast and dinner included.
- Day five: After Breakfast you will transfer back to Chamonix. Depart Chamonix after 4pm. Breakfast Included.
What is included
- Welcome reception & introductory briefing
- 3 days guided trail running on the Tour du Mont Blanc, with qualified International Mountain leader
- Tips on running techniques and nutrition in the mountains
- One nights accommodation in the Chamonix valley, on a twin share basis
- Three nights accommodation on the Tour du Mont blanc, on a twin share/dormitory basis
- Luggage transfers
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- New friends & amazing memories
What is not included
- Flights & transfers to/from Chamonix
- Snacks and lunch during your running days
- Drinks with meals
- Single room supplements (please note mountain refuge single supplements are not available)
- Personal insurance (required)
Travel & Logistics
Arrival: Wednesday early afternoon arrival in Chamonix. Meet & greet will be in the hotel lobby bar at 7pm
Departure: Sunday after 4pm
The closest airport to Chamonix is Geneva, Switzerland. Flights are frequent and can be booked out of several UK airports with airlines that include, EasyJet, British Airways and Swiss Air.
Transfers from Geneva to Chamonix take just over one hour. For your convenience, we’ve teamed up with Chamonix Valley Transfers to offer you a well-priced and seamless service from Geneva to Chamonix. For rates and availability, click here.
Kit Lists & Packing
If you’re scratching your head and wondering what kit you’ll need to bring, please download our Tour Du Mont Blanc Kit List below.
Feel free to get in touch if you need any advice or have any questions.