Chamonix is where the adventure starts
This itinerary is designed both for runners who are new to running in the mountains, and anyone looking to explore the very best that Chamonix has to offer. Based out of a fabulous central hotel, we're able to pick and choose from the many excellent routes around the valley. The trip is led by an International Mountain Leader, who'll take you through beautiful alpine woods and along rocky trails, which offer incredible views across the Mont Blanc massif.
- Day one: Welcome to Chamonix! Arrive at your hotel, and wander through the historic, vibrant mountain town of Chamonix. On the first evening you’ll meet up with your fellow runners and guides for the weekend. Our team will brief everyone on the routes, weather conditions and requirements for the following days, and answer any questions.
- Day two: After a hearty breakfast and final kit check, we'll head off to hit the trails. Your guides will be there to lead the way and to give you tips and techniques throughout the day. Through pine forests, over mountain trails, high up into the hills, stopping at a mountain refuge for drinks and snacks and to admire the views. We return back to base at the end of each day where you can take a dip in the spa, or hit the shops, before tucking into local dishes for dinner. Expected time on trails: 5-8 hours. Breakfast and dinner included.
- Day three: We'll be up bright and early to take on the trails for a second day. Running through alpine meadows and on rocky trails, your guides will be on hand to point out any local flora and fauna that we encounter and to find the best photo spots. We'll finish with an exceptional descent that leads us right back to Chamonix. Return to your hotel for a well deserved rest and relax before dinner and drinks. Cheers to running and inspiration for future endeavours! Expected time on trails: 5-8 hours. Breakfast and dinner included.
- Day four: This is your recovery day, starting with an easy run on the low trails of Chamonix for a brief stretch of the legs, then treat your body to our runner’s mobility session, to make you feel like new again. You are free to depart whenever suits you, or take time to refuel and replenish your system with a relaxed lunch in one of Chamonix's many buzzing cafes and restaurants. Exhale, enjoy and reflect upon your time in the hills with your new running buddies. Expected time on trails: 60-90 minutes. Breakfast included.
What is included
- Welcome reception & introductory briefing
- 2 days guided trail running in Chamonix, with a qualified International Mountain leader
- Tips on running techniques and nutrition in the mountains
- Recovery run and mobilisation session
- Three nights accommodation in the Chamonix valley, on a twin share basis
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- New friends & amazing memories
What is not included
- Flights & transfers to/from Chamonix
- Snacks and lunch during your running days
- Alcohol with meals
- Single room supplements (where requested/available)
- Personal insurance (required)
Travel & Logistics
Arrival: Thursday early afternoon arrival in Chamonix. Meet & greet will be in the hotel lobby bar at 7pm
Departure: Sunday afternoon, from 2pm onwards.
The closest airport to Chamonix is Geneva, Switzerland. Flights are frequent and can be booked out of several UK airports with airlines that include, EasyJet, British Airways and Swiss Air.
Transfers from Geneva to Chamonix take just over one hour. For your convenience, we’ve teamed up with Chamonix Valley Transfers to offer you a well-priced and seamless service from Geneva to Chamonix. For rates and availability, click here.
Kit Lists & Packing
If you’re scratching your head and wondering what kit you’ll need to bring, please download our Chamonix Kit List below.
Feel free to get in touch if you need any advice or have any questions.
What our fellow runners say about us
"The Adventure Running Company provided an exceptional experience for me as a 'newbie' to mountain trails. Offering a perfect balance of well-priced, quality accommodation, excellent running routes and variable weather (yes, they even laid on one sunny day and one wet day!), Chamonix Essential Trails was a fantastic experience. I'm looking forward to my next trip already...”
James Dunne - Chamonix
James Dunne - Chamonix